Sambar is a common in South India a dish. Common vegetables used for Sambar are potato, onion, beans, carrot, brinjal, drumstick, okra, tomato etc.
- Cook 1/ 4 cup toor daal along with Shallot and Green Chillies in water.
- When the dal is cooked well, mash it.
- Add 1 cup sambar vegetables along withTurmeric powder, salt and water and cook well.
- Once vegtables cooked well, add 1½ tbsp “spizly" sambar powder and Tamarind syrup and allow to boil.
- Add tomato into it.
- Boil the Sambar for another 2 minutes and then remove from the fire.
- Heat oil in a pan and allow mustard seeds and Red chilly to splutter.
- Add Shallot and curry leaves into the oil and fry it.
- Add this seasoning into sambar.