This is a simple, tasty and easy recipe of mango halwa.
- Mango pulp - 2 cup (from 4 ripe alphonso mango)
- Sugar - 1- 1¼ cup (according to your taste)
- Corn starch - ½ cup
- Ghee - 3 tsbp
- Cashew nuts - 10 nos
- Almonds - 10 nos
- Cardamom Powder - 2 pinch
- Dilute the corn starch with ½ cup of water and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and add little ghee and lightly roast cashew nut and almond.
- Remove the roasted nuts from ghee and let it cool.
- Crush the nuts and keep it aside.
- Add the remaining ghee into the pan.
- Add mango pulp into it and stir continuously.
- Let it boil in medium heat.
- Add sugar into it and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add corn starch mix into it and stir continuosly (to avoid making lumps).
- Add cardamon powder and chopped nuts and stir well.
- Stir continuously for 40-45 minutes, the mixture will change the colour and reduce in quantity.
- When the mixture begin to come from the side of the pan, transfer it into a greased plate.
- Let it cool for about 2 hours and cut them into desired shape and serve.