- Chopped Winter melon / Kumbalanga- 1 cup
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Green chillies - 4 nos
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Curd - 2 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly - 2 nos
- Water - ¼ cup
- Fenugreek Powder- a pinch
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut Oil -1 tsp
- Cook chopped winter melon / kumbalanga and green chilly in water along with salt.
- Grind the coconut and cumin seeds to a fine paste and crush ½ tsp mustard.
- Add this paste and crushed mustard to the cooked winter melon / kumbalanga and allow to boil.
- When it starts boil,turn off the stove and allow to cool.
- Add curd to the mixture and stir well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustrard seeds and red chillies into it, allow to splutter.
- Pour the seasoning over the pachadi and add Curry leaves.
- Sprinkle fenugreek powder, add curry leaves and mix well.
Recommended Combination: Serve with Rice.