- Red gram / toor daal - ¼ cup
- Spinach (chopped) - 2 cup
- Onion (chopped) - 1 no
- Tomato (chopped)-1 no
- Green Chilly (slit)-2 nos
- Garlic (crushed)- 2 pods
- Chilly powder- ¼ tsp
- Corriander Powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida powder - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seed - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilly-2 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cook the toor daal / red gram in water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Put mustard seeds, cumin seed and red chillies and allow to splutter.
- Add onions, green chillies, crushed garlic and sauté till onion turns transparent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté well.
- Add red chilly powder, corriander powder, asafoetida powder and sauté for a minute.
- Add spinach and cooked daal / red gram and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt into it .
- Cover the pan and and let it cook.(no need to add water because the water in the cooked daal and from the spinach is enough to cook)
- Turn off the stove when the curry becomes thick.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice / Chappathi.