Pizza is an Italian dish. We can make a variety of Pizzas by adding different types of sauces, toppings and seasonings according to individual taste.
Here I am sharing my version of Veg Pizza. I have used home made white garlic sauce for this pizza since I like its flavor (instead of the red tomato sauce which you may use instead of white sauce according to your taste)
For White Sauce
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Minced and crushed garlic - 1 tbsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese (grated) - 1 cup
- Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Heat a pan and melt the butter in medium heat.
- Add minced and crushed garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir continuously and cook for a minute.
- Add the milk gradually and cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper powder and stir well.
- Add parmesan cheese, stir till the cheese is melted and cook 2-3 minutes to get a thick consistency.
- Remove from fire.
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Active dry yeast - 4 tsp
- Milk - 1/3 cup
- Luke warm water - 1/3 cup
- Olive oil - 2 ½ tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- White sauce (or tomato sauce) - 1 - 2 tbsp
- Dried oregano - 2 pinch (optional)
- Dried basil - 2 pinch (optional)
- Vegetables (sliced) - (onion, zucchini, bell pepper, mushroom, tomato)
- Parmesan cheese (grated) - 1/3 cup
- Cheddar cheese (grated) - 1/3 cup
- Mozzarella cheese (grated)- 1/3 cup
- Add yeast and sugar in luke warm water and mix well until it dissolve.
- Add this mixture, milk, olive oil and salt into flour and mix well.
- Knead the mixture for 4- 5 minutes to make a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and keep it aside for an hour. (the dough will rise to double its size)
- Roast the red bell pepper till it becomes soft.
- Grease the pizza pan.
- After an hour, dough is rolled out in the greased pan. (if the dough is sticky then use the flour to roll out).
- Make a rim on the edges using your hand.
- Spread the sauce over it (inside the rim).
- Sprinkle a little of each type of cheese over it.
- Put the vegetables and roasted bell pepper on it.
- Sprinkle oregano and basil powder over it (optional).
- Finally spread the remaining cheese over the vegetables.
- Heat the oven to 450ºF for 4-5 minutes.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake the pizza for 15 - 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and cheese is melt and the sides become golden color.