Cluster beans / Gour Beans / Amarakka have several health benefits. Gour Beans contains Vitamins, folate, iron and potassium. Cluster beans are rich in the protein and fiber which regulate the bowel movements and relieve constipation.
cluster beans have a little bitter taste, but the sweetness of carrot and the bitter taste of beans gives this thoran a delicious taste.
- Finely chopped Carrot- ½ cup
- Finely chopped Amarapayar / Gour Beans - ½ cup
- Roundly cut Green chillies - 6 nos
- Finely chopped Onion - ½ cup
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Red Chilly- 2 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 stem
- Salt - As required
- Cook Carrot, Onion, Amara Payar / Gour Beans and Green Chilly with turmeric powder and salt in little Water.
- Add Grated coconut and mix well.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Add Mustard seeds and Red Chilli and let it splutter.
- Add Cooked Vegetables and Curry leaves.
- Stir well and slow down the flame and cook it for 2 mins.