This is the 300th post in my blog. I would like to express my sincere thanks to everyone for the support you have extended over the past few years. Thanks again.
Spicy Boondi is a teatime snack.
- Besan Flour/ Kadalamavu - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder- 2 pinch
- Asafoetida powder - 2 pinch
- Chilly Powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves - few leaves
- Oil for frying
- Add turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, chilly Powder and salt to the besan flour and mix well.
- Add water to the flour mix to make the batter smooth (slightly thicker than dosa batter).
- For making Boondi we need a perforated spoon (laddle with small holes)
- Heat oil in a pan .
- Hold the laddle above the hot oil (1 - 1½ inch above) and pour 2-3 spoon batter to the ladddle and rub with another spoon.
- Fry Boondi till it is crispy and collect it in a bowl.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter.
- Heat little oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves and fry it.
- Mix the fried curry leaves with boondi and serve.