Maavunda / Rice Ladoo is a snack popular in the central parts of kerala. Its very easy to prepare and can be stored for several days without any taste change.
- Raw Rice flour(fine powder)- 2 cups
- Jaggery(grated) - 1 cup
- Grated Coconut(Finely grated) - 1 cup
- Dry Ginger powder / chukku podi - 2 pinch
- Cardamon powder / Elakka podi - 2 pinch
- Salt water
- Sprinkle little salt water in the rice flour and mix well.
- Add grated coconut in to the flour and mix well.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and roast the rice flour and grated coconut in medium heat till it is crisp and golden colour .
- Remove from fire and let it cool.
- Add little water in jaggery and let it dissolve.
- Bring this syrup to boil in a vessel, stirring constantly till one-thread consistency is reached.
- Add cardamom powder, dry ginger powder and the roasted rice powder into it and mix well.
- Remove from fire and make small balls out of the mixture.(it will be hard to make balls if the mixture is cold)
- Apply little rice powder on your hand so that it doesn't stick.
- Sprinkle some rice powder over the ball to prevent it from sticking together.