Dates are rich in several vitamins and minerals.Intake of a date daily gives a balanced and healthy diet.
You can include dates in your diet through a variety of dishes like eenthappazham chutney.
It differs from other chutney by its sweet-tangy taste.
- Pitted dates - 6 nos
- Tamarind - 1 gooseberry ball size
- Pearl Onion - 2 nos
- Red Chilly- 3 nos(or according to your taste)
- Curry leaves - 2- 3 leaves
- Coconut Oil - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Roast Red Chillies in a pan(with out oil) till it becomes crisp.
- Soak the dates in little water for 2 -3 minutes.
- Grind the Dates, Tamarind, Red Chilly, Pearl Onion, curry leaves and Salt together to a fine paste.
- Add coconut oil to the Chutney and mix well.
Recommended Combination: Serve with Dosa / Chappathi / Vegetable Pulav