Healthy and tasty Pickle.
- Pitted dates(eenthappazham) - 20 nos
- Lemon - 2 nos
- Raisin(unakka munthiri) - 1 handful
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Garlic(sliced)- 2 nos
- Gingely Oil - ½ cup
- Chilly Powder - 2 - 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder - ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida Powder - ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 stem
- Salt to taste
- Cut the lemon into small pieces.
- Cut each dates into two pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Put Mustard seed into the Oil and let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and fry it.
- Add Ginger and Garlic and saute well.
- Add raisins and saute for a minute.
- Add Chilly powder, Fenugreek powder and Asafoetida Powder to the hot Oil and saute for a minute.
- Add Lemon pieces and Salt and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Cook till the Lemon skin becomes soft.
- Finally add dates, mix well and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Remove pan from fire and allow to cool.
Recommended Combination: Serve with Rice / Chappathi / Dosa /poori/ Biriyani.