Cheera or Spinach is a leafy vegetable which is a rich source of iron.
It is prepared using cooked Cheera with Coconut paste. We can use Mango or Curd instead of Tamarind syrup for sourness.
- Chopped Spinach/Chuvanna Cheera(Leaves and Stem) - 2 cup
- Red chilly powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Shallot -2 nos
- Raw Mango - ¼ of a mango
- Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- Cook Chopped Spinach in water along with Chilly powder, Turmeric Powder and Salt.
- Grind together Coconut and Shallot to paste.
- When Spinach is cooked well add Mango cuts and cook for few minutes.
- Add Coconut paste into it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from Fire and add Coconut Oil and mix well.
(If you are using curd for sour taste, add it just before removing the dish from the stove - do not boil curd).
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice.