Chuttaracha Chammandi is a tasty and traditional side dish for Rice.
- Coconut(with shell) - ½ of the coconut
- Coconut slices -1 cup
- Red chilly - 4 nos
- Tamarind - 1 gooseberry ball size
- Pearl Onion - 2 nos
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt - to taste
- Detach the coconut from the shell and cut it in to medium pieces .
- Roast the coconut(without oil) till golden brown .
- (we can roast the coconut pieces directly over burning charcoal or in a pan.)
- Roast Red Chillies in a pan(with out oil) till it becomes crisp.
- Grind all the ingredients together without using water.
Recommended Combination: Chammandi can be served with Rice or kanji.