This is a delicious side dish for rice. Its rich in protein and iron.
- Red Beans - ½ Cup
- Raw Banana(cut into small pieces) - ½ Cup
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly - 2 nos
- Sliced Shallot - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Coconut Oil -1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook Red Beans/ Vanpayarr in a Pressure cooker with Water for 3 -4 whistle
- Cook Raw Banana in little water along with turmeric powder, Chilly powder and salt.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies into it, allow to Splutter.
- Add sliced shallot, Curry leaves and fry it.
- Put the cooked beans and cooked banana into it and fry utill it turns crisp.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice.