Carrot and Green gram are good for health. The combination of these two results in a delicious and nutritious dish also.
- Finely chopped Carrot – ½ cup
- Finely chopped Onion – 3 tbsp
- Roundly cut Green Chillies - 6 nos
- Grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Moong Daal / Cherupayar - ½ cup
- Cumin seeds- pinch
- Garlic - 1 nos
- Chilly powder - ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Red chillies - 2 nos
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt to taste
- Cook Moong Daal/ Cherupayar in a Pressure cooker with Turmeric Powder and Water for 3 -4 whistle.
- Crush Coconut, Cumin seed, Chilly Powder and Garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and Red Chillies, allow to splutter.
- Add Onions and Green chillies , sauté until transparent.
- Add carrot into it.
- Add turmeric powder,little water and salt.
- Slow down the flame and cover the pan and let it cook for 5 -7 mins .
- Add Cooked Beans/ Moong Daal to it and mix well.
- Cook Carrot and Beans together for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the crushed Coconut and mix well.
- Add Curry leaves and stir for 2 minutes and remove from fire.
Recommended Combination: It can be served with Rice / Chappathi.