Roasted Coconut paste will give a distinct taste to Fish curry. We have used Pomfret (Aavoli) to prepare this fish curry.
- Fish - Pomfret (Aavoli) – 500gm or 1 lb
- Sliced Shallots – 6 nos or (2 tbsp sliced onion)
- Green Chilly(Slit) -4 nos
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
- Kudam Puli(Fish Tamarind)- 4nos
- Grated Coconut- ½ cup
- Corriander powder – 3 tsp
- Chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek Powder -a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil – 3 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add grated coconut and saute till golden brown.
- Add chilly powder and corriander powder and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add shallots/ onions, chilly, chopped ginger- garlic and saute until the onion turns transparent.
- Add coconut paste, water, salt, kudam puli and turmeric powder and allow to boil.
- When the gravy gets thick, add the fish .
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from fire.
- Add fenugreek powder , curry leaves and remaining Coconut Oil.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice, Chappathi, Bread