This is a delicious thoran which can be a good side dish for rice. Its rich in protein and iron.
- Red Beans - ½ Cup
- Raw Banana(cut into small pieces) - ½ Cup
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- pinch
- Garlic pod - 1 nos
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 2 nos
- Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt to taste
- Cook Red Beans/ Vanpayar in a Pressure cooker with Turmeric Powder and Water for 3 -4 whistle.
- Crush Coconut, Cumin seed, Chilly Powder and Garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Cook the banana with Turmeric powder, Salt and Water.
- Once the Banana is cooked well, add crushed Coconut mix and cooked Beans.
- Mix well.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies into it, allow to Splutter.
- When it starts to splutter, add the Urad dal and fry it.
- Add Thoran and Curry leaves and stir for a minute and remove from fire.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice.