Soya is rich in protein and fiber. This is a dry side dish which is good to go with Chappathi, Appam or Rice.
- Soya chunks - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 nos
- Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Slit Green chillies - 4 nos
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Tomato - 1 no
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Red Chilly -2 nos
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Salt - As reqd
- Soak soya chunks in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the chunks and put them in cold water.
- squeeze the chunks out of water and keep aside.
- Cut each balls into 2 pieces.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Add Onions, Green Chillies, ginger and garlic paste.
- Fry Onions till it turns transparent.
- Add Tomatoes and sauté well.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala Powder, salt and sauté .
- Add Soya into it.
- Slow down the flame and cover the pan and let it cook for 10 - 15 mins.
- Add Pepper powder to the curry and mix well.
- Turn off the stove when the gravy becomes dry.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice / Chappathi / Appam