Rava, usually used to prepare Upma can also be used to prepare delicious idli.
- Roasted Rava - 1 cup
- Curd - 1 ½ cup
- Finely Chopped Ginger - ½ tsp
- Grated Carrot - 2 tbsp
- Green Chillies - 2 nos
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Channa Daal - 1 tsp
- Urad Daal - 1 tsp
- Cashewnut - 10 nos
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Chopped corriander leaves -2 tbsp
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in the pan and fry cashewnut and take it aside.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
- Add channa daal, urad daal and fry it.
- Add green chilies and chopped ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add rava, mix well and roast for a minute.
- Remove from fire and add grated carrot, chopped corriander leaves, salt, sugar, curry leaves and curd and mix well.
- Now the Idli batter is ready.
- Grease the idli mould with oil.
- Put fried cashewnut in the center of each idli mould.
- Pour the batter in the mould .
- Steam the vessel for about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool.
- Remove the idlis from the mould and serve.
Recommended Combination: Serve with Chutney or sambar.