Nei Choru or Ghee rice is popular in kerala, in northern part. The taste of ghee and spices in this rice is equally enjoyed by kids and adults.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Sliced Onions - 1 small
- Cloves -4
- Cardamom -4
- Cinnamon -2 inch long
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Cashewnut - 12 nos
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Thinly sliced Onion - 1 small(for garnishing)
- Salt to taste
- Water- 4 cups
- Wash the rice and drain it.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan
- Fry cashews and raisins and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp Ghee and fry the thinly sliced onions(for garnishing) until golden brown and remove it.
- Add the remaining Ghee in the same pan and saute all the spices for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced onions and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the drained rice to the pan .
- Stir continuously and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and salt to the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook.
- Remove from the fire when the rice is cooked and all water has been absorbed .
- Garnish the rice with fried Onion, Cashewnut and raisins.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Chicken Curry / pickle.