Mint leaves have a pleasant warm, fresh aromatic flavour with a cool after taste.Mint leaves can be used to prepare teas, syrups and side dishes like chutney or chammandi.Mint leave's extract is good for stomach.
- Mint leaves - ¼ cup
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Green chilly - 1 nos
- Tamarind - 1 gooseberry ball size
- Pearl Onion - 1
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Red Chilly-2 nos
- Channa Daal - 1 tsp
- Urad Daal - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp Oil in a Pan.
- Add Channa Daal, Urad daal and fry it.
- Add Mint leaves and saute for a minute.
- Grind Mint leaves, fried daal, Tamarind, Green Chilly, Pearl Onion, Coconut and Salt together to a fine paste.
- Heat 1 tsp Oil and splutter Mustard seed and Red Chilly.
- Add this to the Chutney.
Recommended Combination: Serve with Idli / Dosa.