It is a quick and delicious snack. It tastes similar to parippu vada.
- Finely Chopped Cabbage - 1½ cup
- Finely chopped shallot - 10 nos or Onion - ½ cup
- Besan Flour / Gram Flour / Kadala Maavu - 1½ cup
- Finely chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Red Chilly - 3 nos
- Curry Leaves - 1 stem
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Mix chopped shallot, chopped Ginger, chopped Red chilly, Curry leaves, Cabbage, salt and gram flour/ Kadala maavu.
- Make a thick batter using little water (like parippu vada consistency).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take small amount of the mixture and make a ball.
- Flatten the ball in to a round shape using hand.
- When the oil is hot put each one slowly and fry both sides to a golden brown colour.