Tamarind juice give a distinct taste to the fish curry. We can use King Fish (Neymeen) or Pomfret (Aavoli) to make this fish curry.
- Fish (King Fish or Pomfret) - 500g or 1lb
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Green Chilies (slit) - 4 nos
- Sliced Onion - 2 tbsp
- Tamarind - A gooseberry sized ball
- Tomato - 1 medium size
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek powder - a pinch
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt to taste
- Clean and cut the fish into pieces.
- Soak tamarind in ¼ cup of warm water and take the extract from it.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or chatti.
- Add sliced onions and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilly and saute well.
- Add chilly powder and corriander powder into it and stir well till the raw smell goes.
- Grind tomato to fine paste.
- Add this paste into the pan.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and tamarind juice along with little water and allow to boil.
- When it starts boiling, add the fish pieces and allow to cook.
- When the fish is cooked well sprinkle fenugreek powder and remove the curry from fire .
- Add curry leaves and remaining coconut oil.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice, Chappathi, Appam