We have prepared this dish using crushed spices instead of powdered ones.It is a dry dish and is normally cooked in medium heat.This goes well with rice, chappthi or Appam
- Chicken pieces -500 gm or 1 lb
- Sliced onion - 1 nos
- Pearl onion / shallot(sliced) - 10 nos
- Green chilly(slit)- 3 nos
- Crushed ginger - 2 tsp
- Crushed garlic - 2 tsp
- Corriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly - 5 nos
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Pepper corn - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic and saute.
- Add sliced onion, pearl onion, curry leaves, green chilly and saute until translucent.
- Crush red chilly, corriander and pepper corn.
- Add this to the pan along with chicken pieces.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken in medium fire.
- Remove the dish from fire when the chicken is fully cooked and the gravy becomes dry.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice / Flat bread / Pancake / Fried rice / Chappathi / Appam (which are traditional Indian food)