For preparing Baked Chicken the Tomato - Onion gravy is used to marrinate the chicken. The gravy will avoid the dryness of baked chicken. With the chicken absorbing the spicy flavour to get a fresh and juicy taste.
- Chicken Pieces - 1 lb or 500 g
- Chopped Onion - ½ Onion
- Chopped Tomato - 1 nos
- Garlic(chopped) -1 tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) -1 tbsp
- Chily powder-1 tbsp
- Corriander Powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Fennelseed powder -½ tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves - a few
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Add onions, ginger and garlic.
- Saute onions till it turns transparent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté well.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add garam masala, Fennelseed powder, pepper powder,curry leaves and salt into it.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in a medium fire.
- Once the Gravy is cold, grind it into a fine paste.
- Marinate the Chicken pieces with this paste and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the chicken to a baking tray and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and again bake it for 20 mins.