It is an easy to prepare Tea time snack. It is prepared by dipping the Potato in the batter and deep frying it.
- Potato -2 nos
- Gram Flour (besan)- ½ cup
- Maida - 1 tbsp
- Rice Flour -2 tbsp
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida Powder - ¼ tsp
- Baking soda - pinch (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil - for frying
- Water- required to make batter
- Mix the rice flour, maida, red chilli powder, asafoetida powder, salt to gram flour and mix well.(you can add baking soda to the flour if needed)
- Add water to the flour mixture and make a smooth thick batter.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Peel off the Potato skin and make thin slices of it.
- Dip each slice into the batter and put into the hot oil.
- Fry till both the sides turn golden brown.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Tea or Coffee.