Cheera / Spinach Thoran is a simple and nutritious dish which is good for health.
- Finely chopped green spinach (cheera) - 2cups
- Grated coconut - ½ Cup
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Red Chilly -2 nos
- Rice - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - to taste
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and red chilli and let it splutter.
- Add rice and fry it.
- Once rice becomes crispy add spinach / cheera,salt,turmeric powder.
- Cover the pan and cook for 2 mins.
- Crush coconut,garlic and chilly powder and add to it.
- Mix well and slow down the flame and stir well till the water dries up completely.
- Remove from fire.