Vazhuthananga Thoran / Brinjal Thoran is a dry side dish served with rice.
Its a very simple yet tasty recipe.
- Diced vazhuthananga / Brinjal - 6 nos
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Red Chilly -2 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Curry leaves - few
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and red chilli and let it splutter.
- Add brinjal/ vazhuthananga with turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Slow down the flame and cook it for 10 mins.
- Add grated coconut and curry leaves and mix well.