Ullipuli / Onion Curry is a great side dish which can be served with rice.
The tamarind juice in this gives it a distinct taste.
- Finely Chopped Onion - 1 nos
- Green Chilly(roundly cut) - 3 nos
- Finely sliced coconut - 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
- Corriander Powder- 3 tsp
- Fenugreek Powder- a pinch
- Tamarind - A gooseberry sized ball
- Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Red Chilly-2 nos
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt to taste
- Soak tamarind in ¼ cup of warm water and take the extract from it.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and Red chilly and allow to splutter.
- Add the chopped onion,green chilly, sliced coconut and saute well till the Onion turns transparent.
- Add chilly powder, corriander powder and Saute till raw smell goes.
- Add Turmeric powder and little water, let it cook.
- When Onion is cooked, add Tamarind juice and allow to boil.
- Remove from the fire and add curry leaves.
- Sprinkle fenugreek powder and mix well.