Lemon Pickle is a popular variety of pickle across India.
The sour taste gives this pickle its distinctness.
Lemon Pickle or Naranga Achar can be made very easily.
- Lemon / Naranga / Lime - 5 nos
- Chopped Ginger - 1tbsp
- Garlic(sliced)- 10 nos
- Chilli powder - 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek powder - ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida Powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Gingely oil -¼ Cup
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut each lemon into 4 pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Put Mustard seed into the Oil and let it splutter.
- Add Ginger and Garlic and saute well.
- Add Chilly powder to the hot Oil and saute for a minute.
- Add Lemon pieces and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add Salt and 2 tbsp water to it and mix well.
- Cook Lemon on medium heat till water dries up and oil oozes out from it.
- Add Fenugreek powder and Asafoetida Powder and mix well.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.
Recommended Combination:Lemon pickle can be served with Rice and Curd / Biriyani / Curd Rice / Kanji