Drumstick leaves or Muringaila can be combined with Parippu or Daal to make a simple, rich nutritious curry.
- Toor Daal - 1 cup
- Drumstick leaves -1 cup
- Turmeric powder -¼ tsp
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Garlic -2 nos
- Coconut Oil- 1tbsp
- Curry leaves-a few
- Detach the drumstick leaves from the stem.
- Cook Toor Dal and drumstick leaves with Water, chilly Powder and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistle.
- Grind the coconut and garlic to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked daal along with little water and salt.
- Allow to boil.
- When it starts to boil, turn off the stove and add Coconut Oil and Curry leaves