Chemmeen Thengapaal Curry / Shrimp Curry in Coconut Milk is a delicious curry for shrimp lovers.
It can be prepared to accompany Rice, Appam or Chappathi as a rich gravy curry.
- Cheemeen / Shrimp - 1 lb / 500g
- Finely sliced Onion - 1 no
- Green chillies(slit) - 3 nos
- Sliced Tomato -1 no
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Corriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - pinch
- Thin coconut milk - ½ cup
- Thick coconut milk - ½ cup
- Kudampuli - 2 pieces
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt to taste
- Mix 1 tsp Chilly Powder, 1 tsp Coriander powder, 1 tsp Turmeric Powder , ½ tsp Garam Masala, Pepper Powder and Salt.
- Marinate the Shrimp / Chemmeen with Masala mix and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and allow to Splutter.
- Add Onion and Green Chilly and saute well till the Onion turns transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the remaining Chilli powder, corrainder powder, gram masala powder and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add sliced Tomato and staute well till the tomatoes are mashed.
- Add the marinated Shrimp / Chemmeen to the pan.
- Add the thin coconut milk along with kudampuli and salt and mix well
- Cover the Pan and allow to cook the shrimp in medium heat.
- When Shrimp is cooked, add thick coconut milk and cook for another 2 mins.
- Remove from the fire and add curry leaves.
- Sprinkle fenugreek powder and mix well.