Aval / Rice Flakes can be used to prepare variety of snack items.
One amoungst them is Upma.
- Aval / Rice Flakes - 3 cups
- Grated Cocount - 3/4 cup
- Green Chillies - 3-4 nos
- Sliced Pearl Onion -5 nos
- Channa Daal - 2 tbsp
- Urad Daal - 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut -20 nos
- Coconut Oil - 3 tbsp
- Red Chillies- 2 nos
- Curry leaves - A few
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Peanut / Groundnut -20 nos
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in the pan .
- Add mustard seeds, red chillies and wait for them to sputter.
- Fry channa daal, urad daal, peanut and cashew nut, curry leaves and keep aside.
- Add green chilies and pearl onion and saute till translucent.
- Wash the aval / rice flakes and drain the water from it.
- Add aval / rice flakes, salt, water and mix well.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Stir for 2 minutes and cook the aval.
- Turn off the stove and fried seasoning into it and mix well.