Cherupayar Thoran / Moong Daal Thoran is a delicious dry dish rich in protein often served with rice or kanji.
- Moong Daal / Cherupayar - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 3/4 cup
- Cumin seeds- pinch
- Garlic pods - 2 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt to taste
- Cook moong daal/ cherupayar in a pressure cooker with turmeric powder and water for 3 -4 whistle.
- Crush coconut, cumin seed, chilly powder and garlic.
- Add the coconut mix and salt to the cooked daal and mix well.
- Add cooked daal and curry leaves, mix well.
- Saute for a minute and remove from fire.