Pavakka Curry / Bittergourd Curry is prepared in grinded coconut paste to reduce its bitterness.
This is a thick gravy curry served with Rice.
- Pavakka / Bittergourd -2 big size
- Sliced Onion - 1 no
- Sliced Green Chilly -3 nos
- Sliced Tomato - 1 no
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Corriander powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves
- Remove seed from Pavakka and cut it into small pieces.
- Grind the Grated coconut, Chilly Powder,Corriander Powder to a fine paste.
- Cook Pavakka, Onion and Green Chilly along with Turmeric powder and Salt.
- When Pavakka is cooked, add Coconut paste and Tomato.
- Let it boil.
- When it starts boil,turn off the stove and add Coconut Oil and Curry leaves.