Gooseberry or Nellikka Pickle is yet another popular variety of pickle across India. This pickle can be made very easily as described below.
- Nellikka/ Gooseberry - 20 nos
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tbsp
- Garlic(sliced)- 10 nos
- Chilli powder - 4 tbsp
- Fenugreek powder - ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida Powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Gingely oil - ½ Cup
- Salt to taste
- Cook Nellikka / Gooseberry in steam(using steamer).
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Put Mustard seed into the Oil and let it splutter.
- Add Ginger and Garlic and saute well.
- Add cooked Nellikka and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add Chilly powder and Salt to it and mix well.
- Sprinkle water and cook in low flame.
- Saute Nellikka till oil oozes out from it.
- Add Fenugreek powder and Asafoetida Powder and mix well.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.