Drumstick Leaves or Muraingaila thoran is a dry dish which is very nutritious. It is a good side dish for rice.
- Drumstick leaves - 2cups
- Grated coconut - 1 Cup
- Chilly Powder - ½ tsp
- Red Chilly -2 nos
- Rice - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2 nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Detach the leaves from the stem and chop it very nicely.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and red chilli and let it splutter.
- Add rice fry it.
- Once rice becomes crispy add drumstick leaves, salt, turmeric powder.
- Sprinkle water and cover the pan and cook for 10 mins.
- Crush Coconut, garlic and chilly powder together and add to it.
- Mix finely and slow down the flame and cook it for 2 mins.