Drumstick leaves can be used to prepare a varities of dishes.
One amongst them is a curry (Muringaila Curry), which is very rich in Iron.
- Drumstick leaves - 2 tbsp
- Grated coconut -½ cup
- Garlic -1 nos
- Red Chilly -2 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut Oil- 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and red chilli and let it splutter.
- Put the leaves in the oil and saute for a minute.
- Grind the coconut and garlic to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the pan with little water and salt.
- Allow to boil.
- When it starts to boil, turn off the stove.