Kinnanappam is a sort of Rice cake cooked in steam.
The main ingredients are grinded boiled rice, coconut and jaggery.
- Parboiled Rice- 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1½ cup
- Cumin seed - pinch
- Jaggery - ½ cup
- Ghee - 1tbsp
- Salt - As reqd
- Soak rice for atleast 4 hrs.
- Grind Rice, Coconut and cumin seed to a batter(idli batter consistency).
- Add Salt, Jaggery and ghee to the batter and mix well.
- Grease some ghee in a pan (steel plate) and pour the batter into it.
- Steam it well in an idli steamer for 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the steamer.
- Let it cool for sometime and remove from the pan.