Gothambu Puttu / Wheat Steam Cake is a different variety of Puttu.
Use Roasted Wheat flour instead of Rice Flour which is used to prepare regular Rice puttu.
- Roasted wheat flour -1 cup
- Grated Coconut -¼ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Water- as required to make the powder wet .
- Puttu kudam (puttu maker)
- Add salt to the roasted flour gently to make a mixture.
- Sprinkle water in to flour little at a time and mix the flour.
- Repeat sprinkling water till the flour is wet.
- Place a pot shapped utensil on the stove.
- Fill half the utensil with water and boil the water.
- Place a puttu maker on the top of the utensil .
- Put some grated coconut in it, and fill puttu maker with the mixture and put some grated coconut on the top .
- Steam in a vessel for 10 minutes and serve hot