Vegetable Pulavu is prepared by cooking fresh cut vegetables together with rice and spices.
- Basmathi rice - 2 cup
- Chopped Carrot,Green beans and peas -1 cup
- Chopped Onion– 1 nos
- Diced Potato – ¼ cup
- Chopped Green chili - 3 nos
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon -2 inch stick
- Cloves- 2 nos
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Ghee or Oil- 1 tbsp
- Heat Ghee/Oil in a Pan.
- Add Onion, Green Chili, Ginger Garlic paste and saute.
- Add Potatao and saute for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute for a few minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil/Ghee in a pan and fry Cinnamon Stick, Cardamom and cloves.
- Add Rice into it and fry for a minute.
- Add the Vegetables in Rice and mix it.
- Add 4 cups of water and Salt and cook the rice and Vegetables in low flame.