Vazhakka Podimas is a Tamil dish made with steam cooked raw banana (grated) and roasted onion & grated coconut.
- Raw Banana(Vaazhakka) - 2 nos
- Chopped Onion - 1 nos
- Green Chilly(slit) - 2 nos
- Red Chilly – 2 nos
- Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Urud Dal - 1 tsp
- Channa Dal – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt to taste
- Steam cook Banana for 15 min with skin.
- Remove the skin and grate it.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies into it, allow to Splutter.
- When it starts to splutter, add the Urad dal, Channa dal and Curry leaves and fry it.
- Add Green chilly and onion and saute until onions turn transparent.
- Add the grated banana, Salt, Turmeric powder and Coconut and fry for 2 mins.