Vazhakka Thoran is a tasty nadan dish.
Banana and Grated Coconut are the main ingredients for this thoran.
- Diced Raw Banana - 2 nos
- Green Chilly -3 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut- 1 cup
- Cumin Seed - ¼ tsp
- Garlic -2 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 3 nos
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Cook the banana with turmeric powder, salt and water.
- Crush Grated Coconut, Cumin seed, Garlic and Green Chilly.
- Once the Banana is cooked well, add crushed Coconut mix and mix well.
- Remove it from the fire after 2 minutes.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Mustrard seeds and Red chillies into it, allow to Splutter.
- When it starts to splutter, add the Urad dal and fry it.
- Add Thoran and Curry leaves and stir for a minute and remove from fire.