This recepie uses fried, grinded coconut paste which makes it a unique form of Chicken Curry
- Whole Chicken (Small Pieces) - 2lb
- Pearl Onion - 12 nos
- Diced Onion - 1 nos
- Garlic (chopped) -2 ½ tbsp
- Ginger (chopped) -2 ½ tbsp
- Green Chilly (Slit) - 6 nos
- Grated Coconut- 1 cup
- Red Chilly Powder - 3 tbsp
- Coriander Powder- 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Fennelseed powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil-3 tbsp
- Salt -to taste
- Curry leaves - a few
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan add Grated coconut and saute till brown.
- Add chilly powder and coriander powder and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add onions, pearl onion , green Chillies and saute well, till they turn transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic in to it and saute for sometime.
- Add Chicken and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add Water,Turmeric powder and Salt and allow to Cook.
- When Chicken is cooked fully add coconut paste,Pepper powder,Garam masala and Fennel seed Powder.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Appam / Rice / Chappathi