Vada is a popular tea time snack in souther part of India. It is made using ginded Uraad Daal with chopped Ginger, Green Chilly and Curry leaves fried in oil and served hot with Chuttney.
- Urad dal - 2 cups
- Finely chopped shallots - 10 nos
- (or Finely chopped Onion - 1 nos)
- Finely chopped Green chilies - 4 nos
- Finely chopped Ginger - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Soak urad dal for 5 hours.
- Grind Urad dal with little water.
- Add chopped green chilies, Shallot, ginger, curry leaves and salt and mix well.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Dip the hands in the water and take some paste and place it on the palm of the left hand and flatten it.
- Make a hole in the centre and Slide the Vada into hot oil.
- Fry till both the sides are crisp and golden brown.