Tomato rice is a South Indian food.
It is a variety prepartion of rice with rich tomato flavour.
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Tomatoes(Chopped) – 4 nos
- Onion(Chopped) – 1 nos
- Chopped Garlic - ½ tsp
- Chopped Ginger - ½ tsp
- Chopped Green Chillis – 1 nos
- Turmeric Powder -¼ tsp
- Asafoetida powder - ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urud Dal – 1 tbsp
- Chana dal - 1 tbsp
- Broken cashew nut - 2 tbsp
- Gingely Oil - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped corriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Cook rice and let it cool.
- Heat 1 tsp gingely oil in a Pan.
- Add onions, ginger and garlic, green chilly and saute`till the onion turns transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chilly powder and saute well .
- Add salt and mix well.
- Let it cook till the tomato becomes soft.
- Remove from fire and let it cool.
- Grind them into a paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the tomato paste and corriander leaves into it and mix well.
- Let it cook until the oil seperates from the paste.
- Add the cooked rice and salt into it and mix well.
- Let it cook for a minute and remove from the fire.
- Heat the remaining oil in a Pan.
- Add cumin seed, chana dal, urad dal and cashew nut and fry it.