Tomato Pickle is a dry side dish served with Rice or other breakfast items like Dosa or Idly.
It is prepared using Tomato puree sauted along with other spices till the water dries off.
- Tomato - 10 nos
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder - tsp
- Fenu greek powder - ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Sesame oil - ¼ cup
- sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Put Tomato in boiled and peel the skin.
- Grind tomato into pulp.
- Heat oil in a Pan.
- Add mustard seeds, when it starts to splutter add Ginger paste, Garlic paste, curry leaves and fry it.
- Add asafoetida stir for a minute.
- Add Tomato pulp, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder and Salt and cook it.
- When the water dries up add fenugreek powder and sugar and stir well.
- Stir well till the Oil oozes out and remove from fire..