Soybeans are sources of complete protein with all eight essential amino acids. soybeans are rich
in soluble fiber which helps to eliminate cholesterol from the body.
Soya Fry is gravy less dish.
- Soya Bean chunks - 1 cup
- Onion(finely chopped) - ½ cup
- Onion(Slice lengthwise) - ¼ cup
- Slit Green Chillies-4 nos
- Red Chillies -3 nos
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves
- Salt - As reqd
- Soak soya chunks or in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the chunks and put them in cold water.
- Squeeze the chunks out of water and keep aside.
- Cut each balls into 2 pieces.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a Pan.
- Add onions, green Chillies, and saute well, till they turn transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste in to it and saute for sometime.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and garam masala and stir till raw smell goes .
- Add Soya Chunks, Water and Salt in to it and allow to cook.
- Cook well until the water dries up.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
- Put Mustrard seeds and red chillies in to it and allow to Splutter.
- Add Curry leaves.
- Put the Sliced(lengthwise) Onion in to the oil and fry it.
- Once the Onion turns brown add cooked Soya into it and stir well.
- Soya and Onion get fried well in oil for few minutes.