Semia, otherwise known as Vermicelli can be used to prepare delicious breakfast.
This dish can be prepared very easily.
- Semiya - 2 cups
- Onion - 1 small
- Grated Coconunt - ½ cup
- Green Chillies - 3 - 4 nos
- Red Chillies- 2 nos
- Curry leaves - A few
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder - pinch
- Channa Daal - 1 tbsp
- Urad Daal - 1 tbsp
- Cashew nut -10 nos
- Oil / Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Water - 2 ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Heat ½ tsp oil or ghee in the pan and roast semiya till light golden colour.
- Remove it from the fire and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil or ghee in the pan .
- Add mustard seeds, red chillies and wait for them to sputter.
- Add channa daal, urad daal and cashew nut and fry it.
- Add green chilies, curry leaves and onion into it and saute till translucent.
- Add salt, water, turmeric powder and grated coconut and let it come to boil .
- Add semiya gradually into it and stir well.
- Low the flame and allow to cook .
- Turn off the stove when the Semiya is cooked well and it dries up.