Semia Paayasam is made of fried Vermicelli cooked in milk and Cardamom powder, seasoned with fried Cashew nuts and Raisins.
- Semiya/ Vermecilli - ¼ cup
- Milk - 3 cups
- Sugar - 1 ¼ cup
- Water-1 cup
- Ghee -2 tsp
- Cardamom Powder- 2 pinch
- Cashew nut - 10 nos
- Raisins - 10 nos
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan.
- Fry raisins and Cashew nut and remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Add one more tsp of ghee.
- Add vermicelli and stir till it becomes golden colour.
- Add water and 1 cup of milk to Vermicilli,let it boil and keep stirring occasionally.
- Once the Vermicilli is half cooked add Sugar, Cardamom powder and remaining milk and stir the mix.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook the payasam in low heat for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, add fried Cashewnut and Raisin and mix well.