Salmon is a highly nutritious food.Salmon is low in calories and saturated fat, yet high in protein, and a unique type of health-promoting fat, the omega-3 essential fatty acid.
Salmon Curry is a Spicy Curry Cooked in Coconut paste.
- Salmon – 500gm or 1 lb
- Shallots – 15 nos or 1 onion
- Green Chilly(slit) - 4 nos
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Tamarind Syrup– 1tbsp
- Tomato – 1 nos
- Corriander powder – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek Powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves
- Grind the grated coconut, tomato, chilly powder, corriander powder and the 5 shallot to a fine paste.
- Add tamarind juice and mix it with the paste.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot add remaining chopped shallots/ onions, ginger, garlic and saute until the it turns transparent.
- Add the grounded paste with water, salt and turmeric powder and allow to boil for 15 minutes.
- When the gravy gets thick, add the fish.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from fire.
- Sprinkle fenugreek powder and add curry leaves and remaining coconut oil.